December 20, 2014 3 Comments
I don’t have any before pictures, because this beauty came with a type 20/21 frog with the folded lateral, so I wasn’t even going to do anything with it. I changed my mind more just to see how much work it would take, since it was a jack anyhow, I figured it would be ok. I thought it was strange that it had rosewood, but I didn’t think to hard on it.
On closer inspection though, I found this wonderful type 14. Based on the broken tote tip, I would say it was dropped and the original frog busted.
I had the correct frog, so its all back to normal now.
I didn’t do the tote repair, its an old repair which seems very solid. I just sanded it out and refinished, leaving the history intact.