Page 2 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)

Page 3 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)Page 2 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)Page 1 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)

 

Fulton 107

WP_003193WP_003192WP_003290WP_003289WP_003286WP_003287WP_003288




Another American Boy

and an American Boy family picture

Does anybody have information on the American Boy? Who made it? When?




Sargent #207 Block. Needed a new knob, so it got some cherry.




#4. Every one should have a painted black and white. Even the nuts, bolts, frog and everything else was painted. I think it was house paint to.

After




Sargent #15 more here

After




Stanley #130
Before

And after. I had to turn a knob. I had a piece of wenge just about the right size, so wenge it was.




Type 17 Stanley #4

before

Now

 




Sargent #415

. The Sargent# 415 is like the Stanley# 5 1/2 size. (blog here https://timetestedtools.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/sargent-415/ and here http://lumberjocks.com/donwilwol/blog/31991

Note the condition of the knob and tote. They obviously needed replacement, and I wanted something other than rosewood. I decided on bloodwood. A lot of Sargent’s came with Mahogany, but I didn’t have any available. I thought this was a suitable replacement. And Of course I never make one at a time.

The japanning was shot as well, so it needed to be stripped and repainted. As with the #708 and all my repainting, I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint




Sargent 307 type 2

And here is what it look like now;




Sargent 306

Before

Now

 




Sargent Knuckle

Before

WP_002623WP_002624WP_002625WP_002661

WP_002662WP_002664WP_002660WP_002663WP_002665

 


I had some time in the shop yesterday. Here are 2 Handyman planes I picked up. A #4 and a #5. The #4 was repainted, the #5 is original. I don’t repaint the knob and tote very often, but I did on these.

Before

After

 

 


An Orange handled #5. I think it may be a Defiance.

WP_002301WP_002302

 

After

WP_002506WP_002507WP_002509WP_002510

WP_002504WP_002505

 


S4 before

After

 


Stanley Type 11 #4c

 

Before

WP_002457WP_002458

 

After

WP_002463WP_002464WP_002465WP_002466WP_002467WP_002468


Was bought on ebay as a handyman #3

As I started stripping it and as it unfolded I became a bit confused. Having never had a Handyman before, it took a while to sink it. I have what appears to be a type 5 – #3 with a handyman cap and a type 10 or 11 v shaped logo iron. SWEET.

Just find a cap of the right vintage, and now it looks better.

 

 


Millers falls #14b

So basically what I’ve done to this is glued a piece of bloodwood to fix the tote, sand and refinish the knob and tote, stuck it in evapo-rust over night and sharpened it.

 

 

 

 

Page 3 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)Page 2 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)Page 1 – Some Before and After Pictures (My Restores)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: